|Grand Island Rural Fire Department Burn Permit Information|
|Burn Permits are currently
General Guidlines to Open Burning
• The burn will be properly supervised at all times and will have fire control precautions (i.e., water, shovel, etc.) available.
• The burn will not contain tires, waste petroleum products, contruction waste materials, or other items specified in NDEQ Title 129 Chapter 30.
• The burn will not occur during current or forecasted windspeeds exceeding 15 mph and during a wind direction where smoke will cross roadways creating hazardous travel conditions.
• The burn will not occur near combustible other items (i.e., structures, trees, vegetation).
• The burn will be fully extinguished when completed.
• 911 will contacted should the burn get out of control.
• Failure to follow the guidelines listed here and on the burn permit itself could result in the loss of burning priviledges, citations, fines, etc.
NOTE: The GIRFD Fire Chief or his designees reserve the right to open and close the issuing of burn permits without notice.
|Burn Permit Contact List
|Calls for burn permits outside of the times specified below will not be answered.
||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
||7:00 - 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
||After 4:00 PM
||5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
||After 4:30 PM